ROI recently celebrated ten years of working with our Production Director, Tina! To mark this historic occasion, enjoy this exclusive Ten Questions with Tina:
1. What do you remember about your first day working at ROI?
There was a huge Mac on my desk, and it was intimidating. I am a PC person and had never used a Mac before. I told Elliot and David I would try to learn it but by day two, I had ordered a new PC.
2. Which song describes your career at ROI?
I Did it My Way – Frank Sinatra
3. What is the most gratifying project you have worked on and why?
We’ve had some great projects over the years but I think my most gratifying one was our first Danaher Annual Report in 2008. Since coming on board with ROI in 2007, this project was my first significant collaboration with our creative department. One of my strengths is project management so to steward this from the design phase to final production several months later was very rewarding. It’s been a project ROI has been fortunate enough to work on every year since and I still enjoy it from start to finish.
4. How have you went above and beyond to assist a client?
Does waking up at 3:00 AM to catch a 6:00 AM flight for an out-of-state press inspection count?
5. If you were a bumper sticker, what would you say?
6. What advice do you have for anyone looking to land a position in advertising?
I guess it depends on where you are in your career path. If you’re just starting out, then my advice is to find an agency that aligns with your values. You’ll be much happier coming to work every day. I’d been in the workforce for many years before joining ROI so for me, at that time, it was critical that I found an agency that not only aligned with my values, but was also family-friendly. My son was five years old when I started and having flexibility was critical for me. Elliot and David have always been incredibly understanding about it and I am still grateful for that today.
7. In your professional opinion, what’s the worst name for a color?
8. What is your preferred office supply item?
Jumbo, smooth paper clips
9. How has working at ROI made you a better person outside of the office?
I’ve gotten some good advice over the years from my colleagues. I’d like to think that advice has made me a better person.
10. What is your professional goal to achieve within the next year at ROI?
To find someone else to go on those out-of-state press inspections.